Lunch Bunch is offered Monday through Thursday during the school year, from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Children bring a peanut-free lunch and enjoy some extra playtime with their preschool friends! Refrigeration is available, but we suggest freezer packs for items that should be kept cold. Parents may pay for Lunch Bunch week by week, or by the semester or the school year for a discounted price.
Children must be toilet trained to attend. Because children in the 2 1/2-year-olds’ class may not be toilet trained in September but often become toilet trained at some point during the school year, their parents may pay the discounted price prorated from the date at which their children begin coming to Lunch Bunch, if they choose to come for the remainder of the semester or school year.
Suggestions for easy, healthful peanut-free lunch entrees:
- Sunflower or soy butter sandwiches, with or without jelly
- Hummus or tzatziki and pita triangles
- String cheese
- Mini-bagel and cream cheese
- Ham, turkey, cheese roll-ups
- Yogurt and cold cereal “parfaits” (which children can assemble at Lunch Bunch)